Intermatic WH40 Electric Water Heater Timer, Grey

|

fat loss factor review


Intermatic WH40 Electric Water Heater Timer, Grey Review.

 "Works well, doesn't make a sound!" 2010-02-07
By J. Brader (5 Mtn, PA, US)

Easy to put on a wall, easy to hook up, doesn't make a sound. Important, when you take the insides out to mount, this is done by depressing the spring clip on top, and lift and pull out. Reassembly is reverse, but you have to make sure the side/bottom edges are behind the stops. If your not back and down all the way, the insides will seem loose and the timer will/could make noise, has you may read about in other reviews.

Our timer has not been mounted and running long enough to figure the savings, ours is set to run two hours in the morning and two hours in the evening. Our water heater, stays hot all day, every time we use water we got hot water all day and night when it is off mode. I am sure this will show great savings!!

 "Water Heater Timer" 2009-11-24
By Donald F. Kornegay (Niceville, FL)

The "Little Gray Box" is great! Easy to install, clear instructions, well made, it's perfect. I really like the manual override switch that is accessible without opening the cover. Good design.

 "Intermatic WH40 Electric Water Heater Timer, Grey" 2010-05-23
By Wes

The "Little Grey Box" (as it's called) arrived in perfect condition and was shipped on time. Installation was easy and it works as advertised. It came with "time pointers" enough for three settings instead of the two as advertised. (Bonus!) However; for my purposes I will only be using one on-off time. I am not an electrician and installation was easy with the right tools, plyers, screwdrivers, wire cutter and a proper wire-stipper. BUT BE ADVISED! Working around electricity scares me, especially 220. I made sure the breaker for the hotwater heater was off... And everytime I walked away to get or do something, or take a break, (I took my time with this), before starting the work again, I would check the breaker again to make sure it was off.

 "Cost Effective!" 2010-06-22
By David R. Wright (Bull Shoals AR USA)

Excellent, sturdy product for 220V HW heater. Easy to install. Silent operation. Already saving me money on the electric bill. We just switched to on-off peak electric billing, and this device makes a difference. Likely payback in less than a year.

 "Great Product" 2010-08-23
By WILLIAM

I bought this item to replace the same model, which after 23 years of good service finally wore out. It's easy to install, and keeps better time than most clocks.


fat loss factor review