Smith's DFPK Diamond Precision Knife Sharpening Kit

|

fat loss factor review


Smith's DFPK Diamond Precision Knife Sharpening Kit Review.

 "Very good sharpener" 2009-11-17
By L. Ballard (Utah)

I started with an old Chicago cutlery chefs knife that I'd given up on. After running it through the 3 cycles it was restored to good use. You can buy cheaper and easier to use sharpeners but none that will give you a perfect result every time. This system holds the blade at a constant angle eliminating human error. There is a setting for kitchen knives and one for outdoor/hunting knives. It even has a stone for serrated edges. Now I use it on my expensive Japanese knives and they stay razor sharp.

 "Works very well" 2010-03-03
By Barry L. Miracle (Mpls., MN USA)

I have been sharpening knives with combination of by hand and using one of the sharpeners where you swipe the knife through them. In general, the results have been pretty unsatisfying. I was not sure about this kit, but I really wanted to get some sharper knives. This kit did a great job on the knives for non-serrated blades.



The process is that you attach the clamp to the back of the blade and screw one of the hooked rods into the end of the sharpening stone. Then the hooked rod holds the angle of the sharpening stone and blade constant as you sharpen the knife. I actually found sharpening to go pretty quickly and by holding the angle constant, the knives ended up quite sharp.



The stones are about as small as they could be and sharpen the knives, but they are adequate. The kit does nothing to make sharpening safe, so you are still responsible for not getting cut.



I played around with sharpening some serrated knives, but this was going to be pretty difficult as the angles of the clamp and sharpener don't always work out so you have to play around to get the angles right. There are probably better ways to sharpen serrated blades. The system was not compatible with several serrated knives that I have.



Overall it is a very cost effective sharpening system.



 "Great buy!" 2010-01-02
By M. Rubright

I purchased this as a gift for my boyfriend, who loves knives. I know nothing about them, so I stressed over how to purchase the correct kind of kit for his needs. The reviews on this set were great and I went for it. Success! He loves that the set sharpens all kinds of knives, even serrated blades. He has had a great time sharpening his whole collection and has told me several times it is super easy to use.

 "Real Nice" 2010-01-04
By Evelyn M. Martinez

Recieved for my b-day Have sharpened numerous knives.I love the product.Easy to use,and very dependable.

 "Very Good Product!" 2010-04-05
By Lmann

A very good product, and a first-rate customer service department! They care about their customers.


fat loss factor review