Uber Goop GREY Dishwasher Rack Repair (bottle only)

|

fat loss factor review


Uber Goop GREY Dishwasher Rack Repair (bottle only) Review.

 "This stuff is great!" 2010-02-21
By Michael Aarons (Boston, MA USA)

This is the second time I've used this product on our Maytag dishwasher. With vinyl-coated steel racks it is inevitable that they will rust. That means you have two options: wait until they disintegrate and buy new racks or a whole new dishwasher (both are $$$), or do something about it. Two years ago I used this product and it worked well. At that time I didn't go crazy doing prep and that's one reason why I had to revisit some of the same areas again this time. In the current application, I spent a good amount of time (probably too much) prepping the racks. I cut back the original coating to expose all the rust, sanded the rust off where I could, and used a rust inhibitor on the metal. I let the racks thoroughly dry (24 hours) from the inhibitor so there was no moisture trapped. Finally, I applied two-plus coats of this liquid vinyl to the affected areas working hard to make sure they were completely sealed and thick enough to protect. I had the "caps" from one of this vendor's other kits left over from last time. When appropriate I cut the end off the cap and slide it over the raw metal post to give some extra protection (then coat it with the liquid). I purchased two bottles of the vinyl and had plenty to give a good coating to about 10 spots (some small some large). I definitely recommend buying an extra bottle for the small incremental cost because you don't want to skimp on your coverage. My experience is that this stuff also remains viable for a couple of years if you make sure the bottle is closed well and keep it at room temperature. The two year old "left over" stuff I had was not as fluid as the new, but it does the job over time for any "touch ups". Note: Make sure you wear gloves because this stuff sticks to your hands (and everything else) and work in a WELL VENTILATED AREA because of the fumes. Have fun!

 "Really works well." 2009-02-01
By GUSR19 (Chicago, IL USA)

Based upon previous experiences I did not expect this to work very well, but I was pleasantly surprised. The "paint" has stuck very well to the repaired areas and has not as far as I can see worn off. Well worth the cost compared to $80 for a new rack !

 "works great," 2010-01-07
By KTJ7 (Georgia, USA)

patched up cut rack wires that were starting to rust, has held up well even with daily use

 "Very economical repair option; best if used @ first signs of rack damage" 2008-04-28
By katrenco

My dishwasher is over 14 yrs. old and still running great, but the top rack had alot of damage to the vinyl and resulting rust. I didn't realize there was a repair product like this, and it should have been addressed long before the rack was so far gone. Nonetheless, it seems to have done a good job, although I just did it a few days ago so don't know how long it will hold up. I think one would definitely get the best results if it was used at the first sign of rust or damage to the vinyl coating. Also, if you do have alot of areas to be repaired, DEFINITELY get more than one bottle. In fact, I may order a second bottle to go over the areas again (I was stingy w/ the second coat because the bottle was almost empty), as well as touch up some minor cracks in the vinyl coating of the lower rack, not yet broken or rusted. Another thing that makes it difficult to repair large areas is the fact that it clumps up very quickly. I had a jar of paint thinner right there to dip the brush in in order to keep it pliable during use...also recap and shake virgorously often during use. Even if it doesn't last a long time, it defintely improved the looks of my rusted rack, and it keeps the rust from transferring to your dishes. The cost is minimal and well worth it in my opinion, even if it's only a temporary fix. In addition, the company (RusSan Enterprises) was SUPER about fast correspondence, fast shipping and great packaging. I give it 4 stars rather than 5 because of the fact that it clumps and thickens so quickly, it makes it hard to get full use of an entire bottle. However, based on initial results and the overall dramatic improvement in the looks of the damaged rack, I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT AND THIS COMPANY!

 "Great Stuff in a bottle" 2010-06-14
By D. Canale (Kinnelon NJ)

After reading the reviews for this product, I thought I would give it a try. I had a few spots on my dishwasher racks that needed touch up, and this looked like the right product to do the job. It can be slightly messy if you get too much product on the brush as it will drip off. But if you do it right it is fine. I hope the product holds up to the claim.


fat loss factor review