DMT CDT62 6-in-1 Multi-Purpose Diamond and Ceramic Triangle Sharpener

|

fat loss factor review


DMT CDT62 6-in-1 Multi-Purpose Diamond and Ceramic Triangle Sharpener Review.

 "great sharpener" 2008-07-04
By grizzly adams mountain man

works great, I like having the three stones in one place. I use this with my Global knives and it always gives them a very sharp edge.

 "I love it too" 2008-12-30
By EJ (D.C. area)

I haven't been able to shave a corner off mine. (tech geek is either very strong, or caught a crack or had a fault line his, i guess).



This sucker is awesome. it's portable, and works very very fast to put an edge on stuff.

I agree with tech geek about the corners. they are not very abrasive, so only good for honing and polishing the edges.

 "OMG I love it" 2008-12-03
By Kalen Maahs

Okay first off "virtually indestructible" don't make me laugh, I shaved off a chunk one of the ceramic corners with one of my Cold Steel G.I. Tantos.



I've been able to make razor edge on everything from kitchen knives to an axe(that took awhile).



The corners that make up 3 of the 6 sides suck. Their just ceramic so if your hoping to sharped a high carbon serrated edge get something else.



Great for traveling and occasional honing but not suited for serration or larger blades.

 "DMT Failed to deliver a quality" 2010-05-24
By Neat Freak (Croatia, Europe)

I bought this product because it advertised all the right features:

Three surfaces at one place, with different levels of sharpening needs, with diamond dust as ideal sharpening medium.



At first, I was very happy, although at the same time, I tried to sharpen my Cold Steel knife with a friend's pocket tool (that contained single diamond flick-out surface) and got better result than with DMT triangle tool.



I like to sharpen my knifes quite often, for some reason, it gives me great pleasure to slice tomatoes with a perfectly sharp knifes, while making my salads.



It turned out that DMT sharpener has very short wear & tear life. I will try to post photographs so everyone can see how sharpener looks after a fairly short use. I also plane to design a quick web page with HD photos, so everyone can see in detail that it is just not worth the money. "Diamond" surfaces are long time gone, and the tool is only good for jamming the door open.



Don't waste your money.


fat loss factor review