AccuSharp 001 Knife Sharpener

|

fat loss factor review


AccuSharp 001 Knife Sharpener Review.

 "Sharpening tool of the century" 2007-02-06
By JW Coltrain

This is a tremendous invention! I was a pro chef for about 15 years.

The customary way to sharpen knifes was a steel and or flat stone.

I have bought and used various "sharpening systems" and had ex-

pensive electric diamond sharpeners. However, this device is the

fastest, cheapest, and best one I have ever used. It puts a very

sharp edge on all knives (almost razor sharp), and sharper than any

$300 electric sharpener out there. And for the average 8" chefs knife,

takes about 20 seconds! Get one of these and you will be amazed

how something so simple works so well.

 "This thing is AWESOME!!" 2007-01-03
By J. P. Becker (Dallas, TX USA)

Do not, repeat, DO NOT buy some $100+ electric knife sharpener that may or may not be any good. I got a tip on this from Cook's magazine, which reviewed several products and rated this the top manual sharpener. (By the way, Cook's definitely did not recommend the dumb Rachael Ray-sponsored sharpener with the curvy blades and high price tag.) For about $10, this product honed my fancy German knives, and also the old knives I've had for 20 years (chicago cutlery/faberware kinds of knives) that have been dull for a decade. After 20-30 strokes with the tungsten sharpener, those knives were cutting paper like on a Ginsu infomercial (though I didn't try them on a beer can)! I can't say it loud enough--buy this, and you will not be sorry. In fact, buy it for yourself, and get one for anyone you know who appreciates a sharp edge when chopping vegetables.

 "Puts a Sharp Edge on Any Blade" 2005-10-13
By James Koenig (Minnesota)

This product will put a quick edge on any knife, large or small. Simply draw the angled (paired) sharpening stones over your blade, and presto - you have an edge, and a pretty good one too. Best of all, the sharpener is very portable, weighs less than nothing, and fits into backpacks, fishing tackle boxes, hunting fanny pack, etc. with no added weight or bulk.

The edge that this sharpener puts on a blade is a great starting point for further honing of the blade to razor sharpness if desired.

I have several of these sharpeners. The only drawback is that the sharpening stones wear out after perhaps 6 - 10 sharpenings. But under 10 bucks, this is a bargain.

Jim "Konedog" Koenig

 "easiest quick sharpener" 2005-02-19
By David A. Goodrow (Maine)

Looking for a sharpener to take with you anywhere? This is it. The best procedure I have foung for using it is to take a black sharpie marker and mark the edge. This is makes it very easy to see if you have worked the whole edge. Set the knife on the edgeof a table blade up. If it is the first time a fair amount of pressure will be needed and you will see steel being removed. Scrape the edge until all the black marker is gone. If there is a small wire edge it can be removed using lighter strokes and tipping the sharpener a very little to one side then the other. After this it will be hair shaving sharp.

 "Knife sharpening solution for the clutzy cook!" 2006-06-23
By Kate (Sequim, WA USA)

I've been using this knife sharpener for years. In fact, after about 8 years, I wore out the sharpening blades and had to buy another one. A nice feature is that you can take out one screw and reverse the blades to get more life out of them. Supposedly the blades are replaceable, but for roughly $10 spread over 8 years of daily use, I figured I could afford a new one!

If you read reviews under knives at Amazon, you'll soon figure out that many people sharpen their knives with steels and diamond hones. I'm no good with those things, but I do lots of cooking and I like my knives sharp.

The Accusharp was the answer for me. You don't have to be good at sharpening knives. Just rest your knife on the counter sharp-side-of-blade up and run the Accusharp down it firmly 3 or 4 times. Be careful if you do the light finger test for sharpness because the Accusharp will leave the blade lethally sharp! (If your knives are really dull, you will have to do it more like 10x the first time to bring them back.)

I have used my Accusharp successfully on chef's knives, paring knives, pocket knives, etc. Be advised, it is not for use on serrated blades (of course)!

The thing I like best about my Accusharp is that it takes no more than a few seconds, so I tend to sharpen my chef's knives and paring knives every time I use them. Just a couple of swipes and I have a fresh, labor-saving blade that makes my cutting chores easier.

I like these so much that I give them to people for gifts and use them for stocking stuffers at Christmas. The recipients often tell me later, "I love that thing you gave me to sharpen knives!"


fat loss factor review